As if you needed another reason to get up and go, here are 15 interesting travel facts that will inspire the world traveler in you.
1. Travel can make you more creative.
2. Canada has the most lakes in the world with more than 3 million.
3. France covers the most time zones. (12)
4. All the money that is tossed into Rome’s Trevi Fountain each day (about 3,000 euros) is collected each night and donated to charitable organizations.
5. There are 61,000 people in the air over the United States at any given moment of any given day.
6. According to the World Economic Forum, Iceland is the friendliest nation on Earth.
7. One third of all the airports in the world are located in the United States.
8. The shortest flight for sale last two minutes.
9. Studies have shown that travel can help those suffering from depression.
10. France is the most visited country in the world.
11. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the busiest passenger airport in the world with more than 96 million passengers.
12. In 2015, London was the most popular city to visit in the world.
13. The top tourist attraction in the U.S. is Gettysburg National Park in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
14. The most expensive hotel room in the world is the Royal Penthouse Suite at Geneva’s Hotel President Wilson at $83,200 a night.
15. The world’s longest nonstop flight is 17 hours and 35 minutes from Dubai to Panama City.